Two for Tuesday Midtown. Get some.
This morning I almost forgot; “Bike to Campus Day”. I jumped up and grabbed my bicycle. It was a chilly 50 degrees outside. When did it get this cold? Wow. I had to wear a jacket as well. Taking a slow pace, I headed up to First Congo in Cooper Young. There I met up with Doug from University of Memphis. Nice bike man. (#jealous.) As I told him, “That bike would be a dirty bike if it were mine.” That is correct, I have a very hard time keeping bikes clean.
Off we went down Southern, riding to the University of Memphis. Although Doug had one gear, he put the “pedal to the metal”. Wait for me! We made quick time to U of M. When we arrived on campus, we met up with other cyclists who participated in the “Bike to Campus Day”. And what do we talk about? Bike stuff, what else.
After the ride, I headed north towards Poplar. I had a date; with coffee. After crossing Highland, I made my way up to the Greenline, then headed west to Republic Coffee. One thing that I like about Republic Coffee are the event flyers that are posted near the door. There are only “one thousand” events advertised here. What caught my eye? Books. I LOVE books. Can’t get enough of them. I don’t care if they are digital books, hardcover books or paperback books. Just give me a book, in any form.
FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY BOOK SALE
- FALL BOOK SALE
- Friday, October 25th & Saturday, October 26th
- 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Benjamin L. Hooks Central Library, 3030 Poplar Avenue, Memphis TN
- Want a tip? Get there when the sale starts! I have been to these sales in the past and people buy books by the BOX. Yes, they carry out boxes of books. If you arrive late, the shelves will be empty. Trust me. I’ve witnessed this in the past.
- Can’t wait to try Memphis Made Brewing beer?
- I can’t wait either.
- Now you can try out the newest beer in the Memphis market this weekend.
- Flying Saucer Cordova, Friday, 10.11.13 at 5:30 p.m.
Flying Saucer Memphis, Friday, 10.11.13 at 8:00 p.m.
Young Avenue Deli, Saturday, 10.12.13 at time TBD
- Go! Support local beer. The beers appearing at the events? South Cooper Saison and Parkways Pale Ale. I can’t wait to try the saison.
- YOU can get more information from the Memphis Made Brewing webpage.
- Done. I am beat. My work day tomorrow is ALL DAY and into the evening. Fun. See YOU back here for more bikes, beers and books. Cheers.