, , , , , , , , ,

And… I’m back. After a quick trip to the border, I made it back to Memphis. So what happened? Let me tell ya about it.

Friday morning I woke at 4:00 a.m. yes, that is 4:00 A.M. in the morning. Arriving at the airport at 5:00 a.m. was not fun. The first flight out was at 6:00 a.m. heading to Atlanta. After a 30 minute wait, I was headed to Texas. As we were waiting on the tarmac to fly out, I fell asleep. And I mean ASLEEP. The next thing I heard was that we were preparing to land in Texas. I SLEPT DURING THE TAKEOFF! (I have done this many times; sleeping on planes, trains, boats, ect)

After arriving we headed out for Mexican food. The restaurant was packed solid at 11:00 a.m. Welcome to San Antonio.

The food was great. Oink, oink.

After lunch I headed downtown to see some old co-workers. We chatted about the past and present for several hours. It was good to see old friends. Moving on I jumped on a bus to take me to my mother’s home. The bus ride gave me a chance to roll thru my old neighborhood and my high school.

What time is it? Time for dinner and mexican food. My mother and I headed to a restaurant next to a retired drive in (one that i would attend when I was a teenager. Yes we would sneak in with ‘adult beverages”) The food was good at the restaurant.

“More enchiladas!”

Next stop? The house of my old friend from school. I planned to leave his place at 10:00 p.m. since I had to wake early for the border run. We talked and laughed about old times. I didn’t leave until well after midnight. Ooops.

7:00 a.m. came way to early. Next up is a 4 hour car ride to South Texas. And about as far south as you can go in the state of Texas. The temperature was 90 degree’s outside. Since we arrived early and because it was hot and we were all tired, it was time for a movie. ‘Paranormal Activity 3″. I didn’t watch much of the first half and fell sleep during the second half. My snoring woke me near the end of the movie. My review; if you are 13 years old, the movie would seem cool. If you are an adult, the movie is silly.

As the movie ended, we hurried out to the wedding. Arriving at the church JUST IN TIME, we took our seats. After 16 years of dating, my friends were finally married.

And then comes the reception. The hall was very nice. Plus the hall included a candy station

and a photo booth. The dinner was delicious. We stayed at the party until 10:30 p.m. And now for the 4 hour drive back. F.Y.I., there is nothing in between South Texas and San Antonio. Nothing. Arriving at my mothers at 2:30 a.m., I drank one beer and passed out from exhaustion.

9:30 a.m. arrived to soon. Time for breakfast. And time to pack 3 dozen frozen tamales into my suitcase. That afternoon my friend picked me up and we headed downtown for lunch. Yes, mexican food. After another round of tamales, I was dropped off at the airport. Memphis here I come.

I did find my IPad Mini at home when I arrived. I am still working everything out. I believe the mini is smarter than I am. And I am typing this post using a wireless keyboard on the mini. A few thoughts on the mini. The mini is very light weight. The battery lasts for a good while. The screen is very sharp. We tried out the Facetime App. The app works well. I used Siri mostly to control my music. More on the Ipad mini in future posts.

Alright, I am done for the evening. Have a great week Midtown.

Memphis Events:
Sock It To Me Burlesque – Hi-Tone, November 10th, Doors at 9, $10 tickets. The John Hughes show; “16 Scandals”. Go!